Friday, June 22, 2012

Build A Cheap Shed

Build a cheap shed Is an exciting and interesting topic. This is something I consider a challenge, yet I consider it a can do project. This Is a very good opportunity to go online and find one of those free shed plan offers. I have seen free shed plan downloads several times on the internet. Of course it may not be the size or the style you are wanting. Anyway good luck with that. Actually you can buy yourself an excellent set of shed plans for not much money at all. Most of those companies selling shed plans, they come with hundreds and some even thousands of plans. Some even come with woodworking plans and course.

To truly build a cheap shed, an 8 ft x 8 ft would probably be, the most inexpensive route. The thing about an 8x8 is the fact that most anyone could easily accomplish this very satisfactory. As I stated in an earlier in another previous blog,if you use 2x4 and or 2x6 precuts you can save a lot of money. This is because a precut stud is 92 5/8 inches long. This difference from an 4x8 foot sheet of plywood would only need to be split between the two sides. The 3/8 in would split 3/16 on each side. Negligible

Build the floor foundation on 16 inch centers. This is something I would not scrimp on a good foundation is key to everything, just as we have all been taught all our lives. A strong foundation shed, home or life.It is just a good thing. However on the wall frames you can scrimp here and build the walls with the wall studs at 2 ft centers. This is not going to save much but if you absolutely need to scrimp, you can scrimp here.

If you are planning to put a window or windows in you can look around and get used ones for as low as 10 dollars used. If you are not in a hurry you can search on Craigs list or the flea market. you can find some good deals if you look around and keep your eays and ears open. This would also work for a door. I myself, when I built my cabin, found a new one, but it had  scratches so I offered him 100 dollars for a 200 dollar door. So you can find deals out there if you are not mad crazy in a hurry. If you are patient and get those good deals, you certainly can build a cheap shed.     .
  

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Really, it is a informative blog. Storage buildings come in a variety of shapes and styles. These sheds are constructed to the highest standards of quality and safety. Thanks.
    Vinyl Storage Sheds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, thank you for sharing. You have really imparted useful knowledge. A very useful post I must say. Awesome content. I bookmarked it for future reference.

    Portable Garage

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really very informative blog for me because i want to build a shed from my own ways for my garden. I hope that i will build a good shaped and design garden shed from your instructions and tips.

    Fabricated Buildings

    ReplyDelete